We are slowly discovering what ancient cultures have known for centuries. Turmeric is said to be one of the world's healthiest foods. An essential, mildly-flavored ingredient in curries, has a key role in Ayurvedic medicine, the elixir of life.
The magical element of turmeric is curcumin, a remarkable polyphenol with multiple health benefits. Curcumin is poorly absorbed so it is essential to use turmeric with black pepper like we do in our Melez Golden Milk Powder, it enhances the absorption of curcumin by 2000%.
Turmeric continues to surprise researchers, once studies were focused on it’s anti-inflammatory and detoxification benefits, now these studies include its potential for improving cognitive function, blood sugar balance, and kidney function, as well as lessening the degree of severity associated with arthritis and certain digestive disorders.
Golden Turmeric Milk
- Heat 1 cup of milk (plant-based or dairy).
- Stir in 1-2 teaspoons of Golden Milk powder.
- Add ½ teaspoon of honey or desired sweetener (optional) and enjoy! Can also be enjoyed iced on hot, summer days.
Golden Turmeric Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 160ml almond milk (or your desired milk)
- ½ cup pineapple
- 1 tbsp oats or flax seeds
- 2 tsp Melez Golden Milk Powder
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- In a blender, combine banana, almond milk, pineapple, oats and golden powder.
- Blend until smooth, sprinkle with chia seeds and enjoy!
Golden Elixir Juice
- 1 orange (or blood orange)
- 1 carrot
- ½ cup mango
- 2/3 cup coconut water
- 2 tsp Melez Golden Powder
- In a blender, combine all ingredients. Blend until smooth & enjoy!
Summer Golden Turmeric Tonic
- 2 tsp Melez Golden Powder
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Sparkling Water
- Rosemary Sprig for garnish (optional)
- Mix Hot Water, Melez Golden Powder, Honey, Lemon Juice until smooth.
- Stir in Chia Seeds & let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve over ice, add Sparkling Water & garnish with a rosemary spring. Enjoy!
Golden Sweet Potato Soup
- 1 Small Sweet Potato
- ½ Small Onion
- 1 Can Coconut Milk (5.5oz)
- 1 tsp Melez Golden Powder
- Olive Oil
- Salt to Taste
- In a large pot, combine 2 tsps of olive oil, 1 tsp Melez Golden Powder and Onion over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add Sweet Potato, Coconut Milk and Salt. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, simmer for 30 minutes.
- Blend until smooth and enjoy! You can add lemon or coriander for an extra kick.
Golden Salad Dressing
- ¼ cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Melez Golden Powder
Whisk together and add over your favorite salads.
Other ideas of how to enjoy your Melez Golden Powder:
- Add it to veggies (cauliflower, carrots, potatoes, etc)
- Add it to your favorite rice or quinoa recipe
- Add it to your favorite soups
To Learn More About the Studies on Turmeric Referenced On This Page: